Sunday, September 4, 2016

Different Ways to do Things

It always surprises me how different folks use different methods to do the same thing.

I had some discussions the other day with a fellow who was using MELODY tracks to create drum patterns. And, this actually makes perfect sense. He gets to use a sheet music-like notation instead of defining SEQUENCES. Of course, using the notation for Melody/Solo one loses the ease of using different velocities, repetitive patterns, etc.

But, it sure is cool to know that people are doing things completely different from anything I imagined. Let me know if you're breaking or bending the rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I've been pretty neglectful in keeping this blog up-to-date. Lots of excuses ... but, I'll try to do a bit better! There is a new b...